"Whom have I in heaven but You?

And earth has nothing I desire besides You.

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever."



- Psalms 73:25-26

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Beautiful Morning..

Picture from 'It's a Girlie Affair'
Double stack Coconut pancakes from Jones the Grocer

Had a nice breakfast at Jones the Grocer @ Dempsey this morning with a dear friend.. a friend of abt 15 yrs and more to come!
A lovely time of catching up and connecting…  Even though we haven’t met for a while, the feeling of closeness and togetherness remains.. :)

I had a huge fruit scone and vanilla cupcake with raspberry frosting (which I couldn’t finish and had to pack away), while she ordered a double stack coconut pancakes topped with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and freshly chopped mangoes.

The fruit scone was more like a raisin (only) scone, not exceptionally fantastic, and I thought they could afford to be more generous in their helping of raisins..
The coconut pancakes on the other hand, were fragrant and delectable! I could taste the dessicated coconut in the pancakes, which gives it a slightly crunchy consistency..
Goes really well with the maple syrup, vanilla ice cream and fresh mangoes.. Yumm… :)
(I think I ate more of the pancakes than my friend who was the one who ordered them! Haha.. )

I thought there’s something special about the pancakes served at Jones, they are not the usual fluffy kind, but more cake-like, and much more filling..
If you are those who like the fluffy kind of pancakes, Jones pancakes may not be your cup of tea..
I actually quite like them, thought they go really well with the maple syrup, felt as if im eating a healthy version of a honey flavoured pound cake!  But it’s prob also cos I was in a ‘cakey’ mood today and was craving for something sweet.  :)

Oh well, all in all, what a beautiful morning… :)

No comments:

Post a Comment