"Whom have I in heaven but You?

And earth has nothing I desire besides You.

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever."



- Psalms 73:25-26

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pancake craze!

I've been staying at home most of the time since Saturday.
Decided to make myself some nice pancakes for breakfast this morning :)



Meanwhile, I remembered there were some overripped bananas in the fridge, decided to add some real bananas into the batter to make some banana flavoured pancakes!
The results?? Yums! Hehe :p

Here’s the recipe I used! – adapted from Jamie Oliver’s USA stylie pancake recipe, but modified to suit my own preference :)

Ingredients:
3 eggs – separate egg white and egg yolks
115g/ 4 Oz self-rising flour – you can use plain flour as well
1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
140ml/ 5fl Oz milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
a pinch of salt
a pinch of sugar
2-3 overriped bananas

Servings: 6 big pancakes

In a big bowl, mix self-rising flour, baking powder, egg yolks, vanilla essence together. Slowly add in milk to mix and stir until a smooth thick batter is formed.
In another small bowl, whisk egg white with salt and sugar.
Fold and mix into the batter. (you can choose to use a blender to blend the batter with the egg whites – that was what I did. This added more air into the batter and help to make the pancakes more fluffy!)

At this point, i divided the batter into half and blended one half of it with some overripped bananas – then set aside.

Heat a non stick pan brushed with oil/ butter on medium heat.
Pour batter (plain or banana flavoured) into pan (size variable, according to own preference) and fry for a couple of minutes until pancake looks golden and firm.
(If you can’t finish the batter at one go, you may want to keep them in the fridge to be used the next day.)

Ready to serve with scoop of ice cream, maple syrup or fresh fruits, up to you! :)



Ate mine with maple syrup today.
Surprisingly, the banana flavoured pancake tasted really good, even on its own without the syrup!
Gonna try them with ice cream the next time!! :p
Also, gonna try making fresh fruits sandwiched pancakes the next time round! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment