"Whom have I in heaven but You?

And earth has nothing I desire besides You.

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart & my portion forever."



- Psalms 73:25-26

Monday, January 3, 2011

A lesson learnt

Last wk was a terrible wk for me, was feeling unwell with a huge infected pimple on the Left side of my cheek.
It got so swollen and painful that I finally decided to take a course of antibiotics. (I’m usually anti-medicine cos all medicines has side effects and I try not to take them as far as I can)

I was feeling so down the whole week, I practically want to just hide at home all day and not see anybody.
But it was also through this time that I finally understood what it meant when God says He still loves us despite all our ugliness.
Well, I was literally ugly. Seriously. Gosh. Heh. :)

There’s also one more person I really want to thank other than God. And he is my dear beloved husband.
I finally understood what it meant when he said he will love me in all my ugliness! Not just my flaws and shortcomings, but literally, physical ugliness. Hehe. :p
I really thank God for him, for all his comfort and care during this time.

Now, if there is anything that I have learnt from this episode – it would be that now, I really believe food can affect wound healing, and our complexion!!!
Sigh. My pimple wouldn’t have become so huge and painful if I had not been insistent on eating those peanuts and potato chips!!
Regret not listening to my mum and husband when they nag about how peanuts are really bad for wounds and pimples.
I ate just less than 10 nuts and my pimple doubled in size!
I have now learnt my lesson, and shall be more watchful and careful about what I eat, especially when I’m sick, in future.

Thank God im so much better now, the swelling had subsided and the wound healing well.
It was so huge and the wound so deep that I thought it would really be a miracle if there were no scar left behind.
But I was reminded – that my God is a God of the impossibles!!
So, I really believe that God will heal my wound beautifully and there will not be any scar left behind.
It shall be my first miracle healing of the year - Not anything which the human mind can understand or fanthom, but only by the power of God through Jesus Christ my Lord.
All glory goes to Him!
Amen! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment